who is kelli marie?
It’s time to meet your blogger! Some of you may know me personally but for those of you who are just joining in on my journey I’d like to open up a little bit!
Let’s start with the basics…
I’m a 22 year old lady from Florida, home of an endless amount of swamp kitties (alligators) and crazy news stories. Don’t worry, I’ve never been in one of them! My family is extremely important to me and I’m an only child. I’m on a gluten free diet because I’m allergic to wheat and, funny enough, you’d be surprised how many foods have wheat in them!
What am I passionate about?
Wildlife conservation! All of you probably know this even just from looking at the home page of this website. Animals bring me endless amounts of joy. I love working with and around them… they’re such incredible and important beings! I started working with big cats when I was 18 and I’ve been addicted to spreading the word of wildlife conservation since then.
Travel is the second passion that I have. Luckily it ties in perfectly with wildlife as there are animals everywhere on this planet. I love going to different places, experiencing different cultures, and seeing different environments. There is something unbelievably humbling and eye-opening about experiencing a world outside of your own and it brings a whole new level of fulfillment.
Fitness is a recent addition to my passions. I’ve always been a petite person and most of my life I’ve heard people say things to me like “you’re too skinny!”. When I recently got back from South Africa I decided I was tired of that! I started working out and immersed myself in fitness. Becoming stronger and healthier has been a source of newfound confidence and extra happiness in my life. My fitness journey is still very much a work in progress.
- I love The Office. I can’t fall asleep at night without watching it first! One of my favorite quotes is “I’m a night owl and an early bird. So I’m wise and I have worms”. Leave me a comment with your favorite The Office quote!
- I love video games. I’ve played them my entire life, although in recent years I play less often. Kingdom Hearts is dear to my heart (my first tattoo was a reference to that game) and I played World of Warcraft for years.
- My favorite animal is a lion.
- The animal that makes the most emotional is a sloth. I cannot even think about the cuteness that is a sloth without tearing up a little bit
- I laugh at my own jokes… always.
- I love being outside and getting down and dirty but I also love being girly sometimes when it comes to makeup and beauty
- I have three tattoos
Enough about me for now… we’ll catch up more later! Comment below and tell me a little bit about yourself! What are you passionate about? What’s your #1 dream?